What is All-on-4?
All-on-4 is a dental implant procedure that uses only four dental implants on each full arch of teeth, eliminating the need for bone grafts and allowing the entire procedure to be completed in just one day. You may be a good candidate for the All-on-4 procedure have significant tooth loss or if you are looking for an alternative to dentures. Because of the nature of the procedure, most people seeking dental implants are a good candidate for All-on-4.
During the All-on-4 process:
• You will consult with your doctor to discuss your medical history, ask questions, and determine whether AO4 is the right procedure for you.
• We will use an in-office cat scan to produce 3D images of your mouth, which we will then utilize to identify important bones and locate your nerves and sinuses.
• We will carefully plan your smile before the procedure, and develop a specially fitted bridge ahead of time.
• The procedure itself will take place in one day: we remove the necessary teeth, place your new implants, and adapt your teeth to the implants.
Why Choose All-On-4?
According to multiple studies, All-on-4 has a 98 percent success rate.
All-on-4 dental implants have a number of benefits in comparison to conventional implants or dentures:
• You get immediate results. You will have new, permanent teeth in a 24-hour period.
• You save time. Getting conventional implants can take up to a year and your path may be slowed by complications and delays.
• You save money. Because the procedure is simpler and faster, many patients save money by choosing All-on-4.
• You don’t have to get a bone graft. Because only four implants are needed, even patients with significant jawbone loss can get new permanent teeth without a painful and expensive bone graft.
• Your tooth health issues will be eliminated. Getting All-on-4 implants means saying goodbye to the pain and discomfort of your failing teeth or dentures and avoiding the perils of periodontal disease.
• You will be able to eat and speak normally. No more worrying about your dentures or limiting your diet due to painful chewing.
• You will have a beautiful, long-lasting smile. You will improve your appearance and your quality of life – whether you currently have failing teeth, tooth loss, or dentures.
Get New Permanent Teeth in One Day
In the past, replacing a full arch of teeth was often a long, complicated, inconvenient, and expensive process. It typically involved multiple surgeries and bone grafting – and it took between seven months to several years to complete. Now, through a new process called All-on-4, patients who need extensive tooth replacement have an answer that can save them a significant amount of time, money, and discomfort by replacing teeth without bone grafting in just one day.
If you’re interested in discovering whether All-On-4 could be right for you, schedule a consultation today!
All-on-4 is an innovative dental implant procedure that allows patients to receive a full mouth of new teeth in one fast and efficient surgery. This surgery, which usually takes just one day, involves attaching a full arch of teeth to a patient using as few as four dental implants. Alpine Oral and Facial Surgery is home to one of the most experienced All-on-4 surgeons in the country.
While all oral surgeries involve some discomfort, the All-on-4 procedure is often less painful because it does not involve bone grafting, months of denture use, or more than four implants per tooth arch. Patients will be sedated during the procedure and will experience some swelling and discomfort afterward, but many recover within days and return to normal activities, including work, within a week. Because your teeth rest on the implants instead of the gums, many patients report much less pain than with other similar solutions.
Most dental insurance plans will cover at least a portion of your dental implant surgery. The best way to learn more about your policy is to speak with your dental insurance company and to read your policy. In addition, we can help you determine the estimated out-of-pocket cost of your procedure and assist you with a payment plan or financing if you wish.
The cost of the AO4 procedure varies case by case – your surgeon can discuss this cost with you at your consultation. Because we have built tremendous efficiency into our practice model, our fees are often lower than patients expect.
You care for your implanted teeth just as you would your natural teeth, with regular brushing and flossing. No extra care is needed, though, as with natural teeth, it is highly recommended that you have ongoing maintenance with your local dentist. We recommend that you see your regular dentist for cleaning and maintenance at least three times per year. Usually this is very routine care, but diligence in this regard will head off any potential future problems before they become bigger concerns. Speak to your dentist about the specific oral hygiene plan that is right for you.